Cranberry Pomegranate Pound Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Glaze
Cranberry Pomegranate Pound Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Glaze – holiday flavors, festive. fluffy and delicious.
The combination of fluffy pound cake, tart cranberries, orange and pomegranate makes this cranberry pomegranate pound cake perfect for the holidays. And because it looked a little plain, I added a citrusy orange cream cheese frosting.
How was your weekend? Mine fast awesome, I had some great time Downtown Chicago on Friday and Saturday, but yesterday we got into a car accident. Our car got hit, nobody was hurt, but the car needs to be fixed. So today’s post will be short, because I’ve got too many things going on. I guess when it rains it pours! Can anyone else relate to that?
Now on this gorgeous cranberry pomegranate pound cake! I made it two days ago and now it is gone. It was so good! I love bundt cakes, because they are so easy to make and always look great.
This cake will be the perfect addition to your holiday menu, any party or potluck.
I adapted the recipe from my Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe, which I often make for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I hope you like it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 4 oz cream softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- juice from 1 orange
- zest from 1/2 orange
- pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C). Grease and flour bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat at least one minute per egg.
- In a bowl combine salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients, alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Add orange zest. Carefully fold in cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Transfer to bundt cake pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool inside the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together cream cheese and sugar combined. Add orange zest and slowly add orange juice. Beat until incorporated.
- Thin the glaze with water if needed.
- Pour on top of the cake. Top with pomegranate seeds.
- Store in the fridge in air-tight container for a week.
More Pomegranate Recipes