Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
This Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is a refreshing dessert with a nice hint of lemon and packed with blueberries. It is a staple for my holiday gatherings. The tangy and sweet lemon glaze goes perfectly with it.
This Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake has been a favorite of mine for years! It is super easy to make, bursting with fresh flavor, just the right amount of sweetness and has fine crumb. The best part it that you can make it at home with some simple ingredients. Great for breakfast or with a cup of coffee.
Christmas is all about traditions and a tradition we have in my family is to make a bundt cake of some kind for the holiday. Pretty much any cake looks gorgeous, if baked in a bundt cake pan – just like this Lemon Blueberry Bundt. I love the festive, old-fashioned look.
But instead of gingerbread or a cranberry bundt I’m planning to make a Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake. The reason why blueberry ? I’ve noticed that everyone around me enjoys this lemon blueberry pound cake and I just can’t go wrong with it. Plus, I’m starting to miss summer and baking with blueberries. And if for some reason I get some cake leftover it makes a great coffee snack for the day after Christmas.
This Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is moist, buttery, light and refreshing. It is scrumptious, lemony and worth the calories.
The sweet lemon glaze is completely optional, but I like this Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake even better with it. It brings a burst of lemon flavor and makes the cake look even more appealing.
In this recipe I used frozen (unthawed) blueberries, but I’ve made it numerous times with fresh and it works great. Frozen berries are just easier to fold and they don’t “bleed”.
If you don’t feel like making a bundt cake, you can divide the batter between two loaf pans and bake two smaller cakes. Just make sure you adjust the baking time.
This dessert is easy to prepare and great for any time of the year, from summer barbecues to winter holiday parties.
I hope everyone is having a nice and restful weekend. Just a few more days till Christmas, how exciting !
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Sweet lemon glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C). Grease and flour bundt cake pan and set a side.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat at least one minute per egg.
- In a bowl combine salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients, alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to bundt cake pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Sweet lemon glaze:
- Mix all ingredients together. If mixture appears too-thick, add some more milk. Drizzle over cake. (You can use a zip lock bag or a squeeze bottle).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 418, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 232mg, Potassium: 182mg, Carbohydrates: 70g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 48g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 460%, Vitamin C: 4%, Calcium: 72%, Iron: 1.6%