Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
A quick and simple recipe on how to make Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer in under 15 minutes. Sweet, juicy, tender, flavorful and tasty. Great to serve on its own or as a side dish or appetizer.
A great summer side dish to be served with your favorite grilled meat like skirt steak, pork steak or chicken thighs, made using one amazing kitchen appliance – a Philips Air Fryer.
An air fryer is an appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. Fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer via the browning reactions of caramelization.
Air fried foods definitely use less oil and are considered healthier than deep fried foods. They are lower in fat, calories and acrylamide.
These fancy appliances are almost like a compact countertop convection oven. I’ve recently switched to a convection oven from a gas one and also started using my Philips Air Fryer XXL, I feel like I’ve been missing out for a while. The food cooks a lot faster and more even. Everything tastes delicious!
Air fryers are not just for French fries and wings. You can use them to cook so many other things like muffins, fritters and cookies.
I make fries and zucchini regularly on my air fryer, but also like to experiment with many more extraordinary food items items. If you have one, using it is so worth it!
Can you cook corn on the cob in the air fryer?
Of course you could! And it is super easy and effortless. You get the effect of oven baked corn on the cob pretty much. Air fried corn does not compare to boiled or foil grilled corn on the cob.
It does need to be sprayed with oil a couple of times so it doesn’t dry out too much. Also if you don’t mind the extra fat, you can brush the cooked cobs of corn with melted butter. Adding your favorite toppings is also a great idea!
How to prepare and season corn for air frying and how to cook it?
- Remove the husks and silk from the ears of corn. Always buy corn with the husks and remove them right before cooking. This will prevent the kernels from drying out.
- Cut in half or into quarters (optional).
- Spray lightly with oil spray.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Set the air fryer for 400 F for 12 minutes (the corn might be done at 10 minutes, but sometimes it is not tender enough so I cook it for 2 more minutes).
- Spray the Air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add the corn.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked and lightly charred.
- Spray with oil spray while cooking 1-2 times, if you’d like.
- Brush with melted butter once you take the corn out of the air fryer (optional). Olive oil can be substituted.
- Add toppings if you’d like. Refer to this post for topping ideas for corn on the cob.
How long to cook corn on the cob in the air fryer for at 400 F (200 F)?
It all depends on the type of corn (younger sweet corn will cook faster), size (thicker ears of corn will require additional cooking time) and type of air fryer used (call me crazy, but different air fryers are like different ovens – you may need to adjust the cooking time with 1-2 minutes, depending on how quickly your air fryer gets hot.
It takes 9-12 minutes to cook corn on the cob in an Air Fryer at 400 F (200 C) in order for the corn to get tender, fully cooked and very lightly charred.
Make sure you spray with cooking oil spray so the corn is not too dry.
* I like my corn fully cooked and sort, not hard and too crunchy. Of you don’t like well done corn, you may cook it in an Air Fryer for less time.
Cooking frozen corn on the cob in the air fryer
What about this bag of frozen corn on the cob in the freezer? Do you need to thaw it? Can you air fry it?
The short answer is yes, you can cook it in the air fryer. Add the frozen ears of corn frozen to the air fryer. Spray with cooking spray.
Allow 5 additional minutes for the corn to defrost in the air fryer at 400 F, before you continue cooking it for around 8-10 more minutes, until done.
More corn on the cob recipes
How to Make Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
- 2 ears of corn — shucked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil cooking spray
- Melted butter — optional for serving
Cut corn in half or into quarters (optional).
Lightly spray with oil spray.
Season with salt and pepper (optional).
Set the air fryer for 400 F for 12 minutes (the corn might be done at 10 minutes, but sometimes it is not tender enough so I cook it for 2 more minutes).
Spray the Air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Add the corn.
Cook for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked and lightly charred.
Spray with oil spray and turn corn while cooking 1-2 times, if you'd like.
Brush with melted butter once you take the corn out of the air fryer (optional). Olive oil can be substituted.