Chocolate Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Popsicles
Chocolate Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Popsicles – rich peanut butter pops, drizzled with melted chocolate, the perfect treat to cool of on a hot summer day.
If you’d like to vote for my recipe, click HERE. Those of you who enter the Sweepstakes can win a prize of $500 + a year’s supply of PB. Thanks and good luck!
It has been getting hot around here and it is the perfect time to share a popsicle recipe with you today! I can’t believe I haven’t posted a single ice pop recipe on the blog this summer!
These are not your typical popsicles, because there is peanut butter in them. They are very simple to prepare, very nutritious and taste delicious!
The inspiration for this recipe came from one of my favorite smoothies, which I make for a mid morning snack very often It is a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, which tastes amazing.
Besides a chocolate peanut butter banana layer, I also added a white chocolate peanut butter and strawberry layer. I used Peanut Butter And Company’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Peanut Butter.
To create the layers, you either have to be very careful, while pouring the liquid into the popsicle molds, or freeze for at least 10 minutes in between each layer.
To complete the look of these pops and also enhance the chocolate flavor, I drizzled some melted semi-sweet chocolate over them. If you are concerned, that the pops will melt, after you drizzle the chocolate, you can return them to the freezer for 10 more minutes, so the chocolate could set.
To remove the popsicles out of the molds, make sure you place molds under hot water for 30 seconds and then very gently pull them out.
They turned out so delicious! Sweet, creamy and refreshing! They can be vegan, if you use non dairy milk.
As a part of Peanut Butter And Company’s Yum Squad, I was given the opportunity to participate in their “Pin-A-Pop Summer Contest”. I would be very grateful, if you decide to take the time and follow THIS LINK, to VOTE for my recipe! (To vote – you just have to pin the recipe).
This gives me the opportunity to compete with other bloggers for a chance to win $500. Contest begins 12:01:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 7/13/15 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 7/31/15.
As a part of Peanut Butter And Company’s Yum Squad, I received the products for free. I have not been paid in return for this post. All opinions are my own.
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter from PB and Co
- 1/4 cup milk (non dairy milk is ok)
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Peanut Butter from PB and Co
- 4 large strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup milk (non dairy is ok)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Combine Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, milk and banana in a blender and blend until smooth. (Add sweetener of your choice, if desired).Set a side.
- Combine strawberries, white chocolate peanut butter and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.(Add sweetener of your choice, if desired).
- Fill popsicle molds, starting with 2 tbsp of the dark chocolate peanut butter mixture, then freeze for 10 minutes. Then add 2 tbsp of the white chocolate peanut butter mixture and freeze for 10 minutes. Insert popsicle sticks. Repeat with 2 more tbsp of the dark chocolate mixture, freeze for 10 minutes and then top with 2 tbsp of the white chocolate peanut butter mixture.(freezing for 10 minutes is optional, but this way you can get more visible layers.) Freeze for 4-6 hours or over night.
- When ready to serve: melt chocolate chips with vegetable oil over a double boiler or in the microwave (10-20 seconds).
- Line a baking sheet (or a plate) with parchment paper. Remove popsicles from the molds and line over parchment paper. Drizzle melted chocolate on top. Optional: freeze for 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in a single layer in a plastic bag in the freezer.
Use 1-2 tsp sweetener of your choice (honey or agave nectar) in the mix for each layer, if you'd like your pops extra sweet.
More Ice Pops: