Chocolate Cheesecake Cups
Chocolate Cheesecake Cups – dark chocolate shell, filled with sugar-free peppermint cheesecake filling. Perfect for the holidays.
These Chocolate Cheesecake Cups have been one of my favorite snacks lately. With the addition of peppermint extract in the cream cheese filling, these make a great holiday treat. Since these is a lot of chocolate in these cheesecake cups, I can’t really call them low-carb and Keto, but they are gluten and sugar-free and very easy to make.
I’m not very experienced, but I do enjoy making homemade candy.
What ingredients do you need for these Chocolate Cheesecake Cups?
- dark chocolate (I used sugar-free)
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes
What chocolate to use for these sugar-free Chocolate Cheesecake Cups?
The type of chocolate you are going to use, depends on the final result you’d like to achieve and your taste preference. Since I try to follow a low-carb diet, I used Lily’s 70 % cocoa dark chocolate. Other types of sugar-free chocolate could be used.
You can use any couverture chocolate of your choice as well.
How to make chocolate cheesecake cups at home?
You are going to need:
- Mini muffin tin
- mini paper cups
- chocolate, cream cheese, peppermint, heavy cream
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, heavy cream and peppermint extract. Place in a piping bag, cut off a small tip.
- Fill mini muffin tin slots with paper cups.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake filling to the middle of each cup.
- Divide the remaining chocolate between all cups. Top with crushed candy canes (optional).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy.
Keep the chocolate cups in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
More chocolate peppermint recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Macarons
- Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Chocolate Cheesecake Cups
- 1 2/3 cups sugar-free dark chocolate
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol — use powdered sugar for non sugar-free version
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 crushed candy canes — optional
Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, heavy cream and peppermint extract. Place in a piping bag, cut off a small tip.
Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
Fill mini muffin tin slots with paper cups.
Add about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Chill for 15 minutes.
Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake filling to the middle of each cup.
Divide the remaining chocolate between all cups. Top with crushed candy canes (optional).
Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy.