Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Brownie Cookies – chewy cookies with rich chocolate and peppermint flavor, drizzled with white chocolate and topped with holiday sprinkles and crushed candy canes.
Happy Saturday everyone! Are you having a nice weekend? It is in the 40s here and it feels warm.
I’ve been baking a lot lately. But this is not a secret to anyone!
Christmas is just 20 days away and I’m very excited testing and sharing holiday cookie recipes. Did you know it was #NationalCookieDay yesterday? To me the month of December feels like a cookie month.
No Christmas party will be complete without chocolate cookies! These brownie cookies are so easy to make with just a few staple ingredients. The combination of chocolate and peppermint is always a winner, especially around the holidays! Not to mention these are my husband’s favorite cookies. The best of both worlds – brownies and cookies.
I adapted the recipe from Food and Wine.
In this recipe I used Nestle® Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, Milk Chocolate Morsels and White Chocolate Morsels. The recipe calls for a lot of chocolate so I recommend that you use good quality chocolate morsels like Nestle Tollhouse.
Since there is a lot of chocolate in these, you might want to get Nestle Toll House’s coupon here.
I’m in love with the great flavor and fudgy texture!
I’m so excited and just can’t wait for the holidays! Great food, cookies, laughs and time spent with precious people!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Chocolate Brownie Christmas Cookies
- 1 pound (450 g) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels ( I used mini chips)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup Nestle Toll House White Chocolate Morsels — , melted
- crushed candy canes
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a large bowl over a double boiler melt Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels with the butter until smooth, for 7-8 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment beat eggs and sugar until pale and frothy. Add peppermint and vanilla extracts. Add salt. Beat in melted chocolate slowly.
- Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the Milk Chocolate Morsels.
- Pour the dough in a shallow baking dish and freeze for 30 minutes (you can chill the dough for 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop (2 tbsp), scoop balls of dough and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until edges are set and cookies are cracked on top.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To decorate - Drizzle with melted white chocolate morsels and top with crushed candy canes and sprinkles.