The Best Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Recipe – rich, creamy and chocolatey chocolate cheesecake, baked in a square dish and cut into the most delicious chocolate cheesecake squares.
Cheesecake is my all time favorite desserts and I also happen to love chocolate. These Chocolate Cheesecake Bars are one of those desserts that you can’t stop eating! And the best part is that – they are extremely easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients. They are perfect for any party or celebration, but also make an amazing every day dessert for chocolate lovers. And my readers love chocolate, don’t you? This Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake has been popular lately.
The perfect combination of homemade chocolate graham cracker crust and soft, smooth, rich chocolate cheesecake on top.
Baking cheesecake squares, aka: bars seems to be a lot easier that baking a cheesecake in a springform pan. I’m not a huge fan of springform pans and you know it.
It is so much easier to bake a cheesecake in a square or rectangular clear Pyrex baking dish or any metal square baking pan. I like to line the bottom and sides of the cheesecake baking dishes with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal.
- I decided to make the crust by using regular honey graham crackers, cocoa powder, melted butter and some sugar. The reason why? I did not have any Oreo cookies at this time. And yes, it is ok to use graham crackers, cocoa powder and butter to make the crust for a chocolate cheesecake.
- In fact, I have a great chocolate graham cracker crust recipe, which I also use in this Dark Chocolate Tart. It is light, crumby and easy to make. The difference – yeah, the chocolate graham cracker crust is lighter and lacks the rich Oreo flavor, but I love it. Especially, when I don’t have any Oreos in my pantry.
Tips to bake the perfect cheesecake:
- Bring your ingredients to room temperature (eggs, cream cheese, yogurt).
- Beat on lower speed to reduce the amount of air bubbles that you produce.
- When you add melted chocolate to a cheesecake batter, make sure it is properly melted and cool to the touch, this way it can easily be incorporated into the batter. Use good quality chocolate.
- Add the eggs (room temperature) one at a time and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add them last. Don’t over beat, because there is a chance to ruin the texture of your cheesecake.
- These is no need to use a water bath to bake these easy chocolate cheesecake bars. Bake at a lower temperature, around 290-300 F for 60-70 minutes and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Chocolate cheesecake toppings:
- chocolate ganache
- fresh fruit
- chocolate shavings
- chocolate sprinkles
- whipped cream
Adding sour cream or Greek yogurt to cheesecake:
- Why add sour cream or even Greek yogurt to cheesecakes – I do it all the time, but I’ve seen people question this and be surprised.
- Sour cream/Greek yogurt adds an amazing flavor to cheesecakes, some zing and it tastes even better in combination with chocolate.
To cut the perfect chocolate cheesecake bars, I use a large sharp knife and wipe it with a towel, after each cut, this way the edges of the cheesecake slices will stay clean.
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Recipe - rich and creamy cheesecake squares, loaded with dark chocolate flavor, with a homemade graham cracker crust, topped with chocolate ganache and strawberries. The best, easy to make chocolate cheesecake bars!
- 12 graham crackers regular, not chocolate, about 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder not Dutch processed
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- 5 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese regular, not light, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz 70% cocoa dark chocolate melted, cooled for 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder not Dutch processed
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs large, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chocolate ganache optional
- 9 strawberries
Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
In a bowl, combine graham crackers, cocoa powder, sugar (optional) and butter. Mix with a spatula to combine.
Preheat oven to 325F.
Press mixture to the bottom of a 9x9 -inch square baking dish.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
Reduce oven temperature to 290-300 F.
Beat together cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl. Add cocoa powder and beat to combine. Add the melted chocolate and mix for 1 minute.
Add the eggs and beat on low speed, until incorporated.
Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cooled crust, smooth the top with a spatula.
Bake the cheesecake for 60-70 minutes, until the top is set, but still a little wiggly. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake to cool inside for 30-60 minutes (optional, but prevents cracks).
Remove from the oven and cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Cut into 9 squares. Drizzle with chocolate ganache (optional). Top each square with a strawberry (optional).
You May Also Like: