Cherry Lime Mojito
Cherry Lime Mojito – very simple to make, sweet and refreshing.
Today I want to introduce you to the newest addition of my “mojito collection”!
By now, you most likely already know I love mojitos! And cherries are in season, which is great. And more important – I was able to find some dark red ripe cherries (I’ve been tired from buying cherries, that are not ripe). So I decided to make cherry mojitos.
This is a recipe, I would typically post on a Friday. Because it is a holiday week, I decided to post it today, so you guys can make it for 4th of July.
Cherry and lime is one of my favorite combinations. I also grow mint in my garden, so making this mojitos was so simple! I also used simple syrup, which is my little secret for the perfect mojito. This drink could easily be made in a pitcher and served at a party.
This cherry lime mojito is my new favorite summer cocktail.
- (If you'd like to make your own simple syrup, this recipe makes around 1¾ cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cherries , stems removed, pitted
- juice from 1 lime
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup club soda
- fresh cherry
- lime wedges
- mint leaves
- Prepare simple syrup, by combining 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and bringing it to a boil. Stir to let sugar dissolve and remove from heat. Let syrup cool.
- In a sturdy glass, combine cherries, mint leaves, rum and simple syrup. Muddle to extract juices from mint leaves and cherries. Add ice and then top with soda water.
- Garnish with lime wedges, mint leaves and fresh cherry. Serve immediately.
More Cherry Recipes: