Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Pasta Recipe
Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Pasta Recipe – simple and delicious weeknight meal, ready in 30 minutes.
Hey guys! Happy Monday!
I’ve done a lot of baking around the holidays. This means I had way too much sweets.
It is time to share some simple, delicious family meals with you.
I do need a break from making desserts. And I’m serious!
I know Valentine’s Day is around the corner and everyone is crazy about all the chocolate desserts on the way! Check this “No Bake Chocolate Bundt Cake” if you haven’t already.
I just posted it last week and I got so many emails from people, who have tried it and loved it!
In my busy life, quick meals like this Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Pasta are always welcome.
I love pasta, but I easily get bored with the same red sauce pasta dish that we often make.
I always thought that was the easiest pasta to prepare, but I was obviously wrong.
With some staple ingredients like bacon, mushrooms and balsamic vinegar, you can create a delicious and impressive pasta dish at home. Of course you have to like bacon and mushrooms 🙂
I used whole wheat pasta in this recipe, but white will work great as well.
I threw is some fresh thyme (dried can be used as well) on top and some shredded Parmesan cheese (more cheese, depending on your taste can be used).
This bacon, mushroom and balsamic sauce tastes so good!
I loved it so much, so I paired it with chicken breast for another dish, recipe coming soon (hopefully)!
Hope you enjoy it and get to make it soon!
Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Pasta Recipe - simple and delicious weeknight meal, ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 strips of bacon , cut into small pieces
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 12 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz spaghetti ( or other pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese + more if you'd like
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add bacon and cook over medium heat, until golden for 5-6 minutes. Add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion gets translucent.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Add salt, pepper and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes, until mushrooms are softened and have released some water, which is starting to evaporate.
- Add balsamic vinegar. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- In the pot, combine pasta and the sauce. Add the reserved pasta water and parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme (optional), more salt and pepper (to taste) and serve.