Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes
These Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes are extremely easy to make and perfect for a holiday breakfast! Made with SKIPPY® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread. Add some colorful holiday sprinkles to make this breakfast more festive. #Skippyyippee
Hi guys! How is your weekend going? It is freezing around here.
I just made these peanut butter pancakes for breakfast ad couldn’t resist to share them with you.
They are fluffy, made with whole wheat flour, have nutty taste from the SKIPPY® Natural Peanut Butter Spread I used and topped with chocolate chips, bananas and more peanut butter. It took me less than 1/2 hour to make them and they make the ultimate weekend/holiday treat. Double the recipe if you are planning to feed a crowd.
Christmas is this Friday! Can you even believe it? Good times are about to come! Time spent with the family, lots of Christmas gifts and of course good food!
Make these pancakes with your kids, grandkids or nephews/nieces, I’m sure kids and adults will love them!
Why pancakes for the holidays? Because I’ve already shared many cookie recipes with you! Breakfast is essential and these pancakes are nutritious and delicious. Made with pantry essentials, all you need to do is get a jar of any variety of SKIPPY® Natural Peanut Butter Spread. I used the creamy. It is so smooth and tastes great!
I can never go wrong with a recipe like this because my family just loves peanut butter.
The batter for these pancakes in made in a blender.
I then cooked them in a non-stick skillet on the stove top.
Surprise your family with this easy and delicious breakfast around the holidays (or have them help you make them). Do you have a favorite peanut butter treat?
- For the pancakes:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk (or more if the batter appears too thick)
- cooking spray
- Other (for serving):
- sliced bananas
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a blender combine oats, whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. Pulse 2-3 times. Add salt, sugar, baking powder, egg, oil, peanut butter and milk. Pulse a few times until well combined and there are no lumps.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat (the surface should not be sizzling hot!). Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add 1/4 cup of the batter, cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles appear around the edges. Flip pancake over and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until golden. (Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the batter, type of skillet and temperature.)
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with chocolate chips, peanut butter and sliced bananas. Add other fruits of your choice, sprinkles and maple syrup if desired.
Thanks Skippy® for sponsoring this post! Be sure to visit the SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Website for recipes, baking tips and more!