Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower- light, flavorful and nutritious vegetarian dish, easy to make in just 30 minutes.
I’ve always loved cauliflower.
I can eat it raw in salads, in soups and also roasted. I usually just season it with salt and pepper, add some olive oil and roast it in the oven. I do believe that roasting cauliflower totally transforms its taste and flavor, making it more nutty and even more delicate.
As much as I like broccoli, I enjoy cauliflower even more.
Today I decided to spice it up a little with some Sriracha.
I can eat a lot of spicy food, but Sriracha is my all time favorite hot sauce. Its rich flavor is great in marinades, over eggs or as an addition in other sauces. In a combination with cauliflower, it gave it a nice spicy kick, since it absorbed flavor very well.
And if you haven’t noticed, I always try to lighten my dishes and these cauliflower bites aren’t breaded. Honestly, I like them better this way.
This roasted cauliflower also make a great snack/ side dish to people, who follow a gluten free diet or are vegan.
Used coconut oil, because I love to over vegetables. Looked at some asian recipes (since I believe Sriracha is Thai) and decided to use some soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper for the sauce. Then for extra freshness, after roasting I added some lime juice and cilantro (totally optional).
Of course, I could have made a dipping sauce of some kind. But this time I’m leaving this up to you. The Asian inspired flavors are just perfect to me and I did not need anything, but some extra Sriracha.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar (white vinegar)
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha (start with 1 tbsp and increase the amount)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine coconut oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha and black pepper in a bowl. Add cauliflower florets and toss to evenly coat them.
- Transfer cauliflower to baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until tender.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and Sriracha.
More Cauliflower Recipes