Soft, moist peanut butter bread with a cheesecake layer baked into it. It just can’t get any better!
This easy Peanut Butter Bread With Cream Cheese Layer is perfect for breakfast or snack.
I always keep peanut butter in my pantry. I’ve been making a lot of peanut butter smoothies lately, but haven’t done enough baking.
Recently I got some peanut butter samples, from the folks at Peanut Butter & Co. and knew I had to whip up some bread.
And since it is Friday, (Happy Friday by the way!), plain old peanut butter bread was not enough. Remember the Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread I posted a while back?
I decided to try and make a cream cheese filled peanut butter bread. And I was able to combine my love for cheesecake and peanut butter in this extraordinary sweet treat.
For this recipe I used Peanut Butter & Co “The Bees Knees – Honey Peanut Butter” (Thanks for sending me samples and helping me make this bread even tastier!). The hint of honey and natural sweetness helped me reduce the amount of sugar in the bread batter and brought a very light honey flavor.
And another secret – I made the bread batter in the blender, but you can use an electric mixer. I just realized how underused my blender is… I should use it for batters more often.
As I’ve mentioned before, cream cheese filled breads could be tricky to bake. The cheesecake layer doesn’t set, before the bread is completely cooled. That’s why, you should leave it alone until it cools and then slice it. Please allow extra time for baking, I’ve also included some tips and suggestions in the recipe.
I almost forgot to ask, what are you guys doing this weekend? It is so cold around here, so I don’t even feel like doing anything! I’ll go ahead and slice some peanut butter bread and enjoy it with some hot tea!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup honey peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter And Company's The Bees Knees)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- for topping: 1 tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- 8 oz (225 grams ) softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- Add milk, eggs, sugar and peanut butter to a blender jar. Blend until smooth, or select "batters".
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk all ingredients to combine, until smooth. You can also use an electric mixer.
- Preheat ove to 350 F (177 C).
- Spray a 9x5 in loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour ½ of the peanut butter mixture. Smooth with a spatula if needed.
- Evenly pout cream cheese filling on top of the peanut butter batter. Smooth top with a spatula.
- Top with the remaining ½ of the peanut butter mixture. Carefully smooth the top. Add chopped peanuts.
- Bake bread for 60-65 minutes, until top is doomed, golden and toothpick inserted into the peanut butter bread layer comes out clean, with a few moist crumbs. (after 30 minutes of baking, you can tent the pan with aluminum foil, if you feel that the top is going to burn).
- Let the bread cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan. Then transfer to a cooling rack, until it cools completely.
- Slice, when cooled and enjoy!
Breads with cream cheese layers are tricky to bake, because the cream cheese layer never sets. Testing doneness with a toothpick is not accurate. Bake this bread in 9x5 in loaf pan at 350 F for at least 65 minutes. Let it cool completely and then slice it. If you cut it warm, the cream cheese layer will be soft and not done.
Baking time depends on the moisture of the ingredients, temperature in the room, type of oven and baking pan used. Watch the bread, not the time and allow extra time for baking or remove fro the oven earlier if you believe it is done.
You Might Also Like: