Grilled Potato Salad With Feta Vinaigrette Recipe
This post is sponsored by the US potato board and Honest Cooking. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Cooking LSL possible.
Grilled Potato Salad With Feta Vinaigrette Recipe – very easy to prepare, full of flavor, perfect for lunch or light dinner.
The New Year is already here, how exciting? And there are many things to plan and achieve. Who doesn’t make New Year’s Resolutions? I know there are some people, who don’t, but most of use like to make them.
And what is more important is sticking to your resolutions. This is more difficult, isn’t it? Losing weight and eating healthier meals are some of the hardest resolutions to stick to.
For this year again, some of my resolutions are – following healthier lifestyle, eating more at home and cooking easy, cook more healthy dishes.
If you happened to work out of the house, you might have like to bring your lunch to work rather than eat out for lunch. I used to always bring lunch to work when I went to work. It is so convenient, less expensive and you can bring your favorite light and fresh meals. In my situation, now when I work from home, my husband is the one who brings food to work.
If your New Year’s Resolution is: Bring Your Lunch to Work I got you covered with this convenient recipe – Grilled Potato Salad With Feta Vinaigrette.
My family loves potatoes and I’m always looking for new ways to use them in recipes. I like experimenting with potato salads and today I’m sharing with you my most recent creation.
I used Yukon Gold Potatoes for this salad. What I did, because it is winter around here, I grilled them in a ribbed skillet on the stove top. If you feel like using your grill, you can definitely do so.
Yukon Gold potatoes are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, B6 and they contain 3-4 grams of fiber per serving. I prefer using them is potato salads, mashed potato and soups.
This Grilled Potato Salad With Feta Vinaigrette does require some prep work because the potatoes need to be parboiled before they are grilled. But once you grill them, you can store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. The feta vinaigrette is also good for up to a week in the fridge.
Hope recipes like this help you stay motivated and follow through your New Year’s resolutions.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for pan-grilling the potatoes
- 2 cups mixed greens
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- green onions and parsley for garnishing
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover them. Add 1 tbsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are cooked, but not too soft. Drain potatoes. Let them cool down. Peel potatoes, if you’d like, I prefer them peeled.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8 inch rounds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush or spray with vegetable oil.
- Prepare a ribbed skillet, spray lightly with vegetable oil. Heat skillet to medium heat.
- Grill potatoes for 4-5 minutes per side, until browned, turning once. (Alternatively grill potatoes on the grill).
- Add all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place mixed greens on a the bottom of a large plate. Add potatoes over it (they should not be too-hot!). Pour dressing on top. Garnish with chopped scallions and parsley.