Easy Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN#CollectiveBias
Easy and delicious Quinoa stuffed bell peppers. Perfect for a nutritious weeknight meal.
You really don’t need to be an experienced cook to make these stuffed peppers. They take less than an hour to prepare and you can catch up on some housework while they are in the oven.
I’ve been a little lazy with cooking during the summer (eating mostly light meals like salads), it is fall – I got back in the kitchen.
Weeknights to me are all about simple meals, which do not need to be boring.
Knowing what you’d like to cook and keeping some staples, like canned diced tomatoes in your pantry will make your life a lot easier and help you create delicious meals.
I use them in soups, stews, to make homemade pasta sauces or in these quinoa stuffed bell peppers.
I also got some fresh produce at Walmart – bell peppers, scallions and parsley.
Stuffed peppers are one of my family’s favorite dishes and I just can’t believe how I haven’t shared a single recipe on my blog.
I like making mine with quinoa because it is gluten-free and packed with protein, but you can use rice instead. I like to use pre-cooked quinoa when stuffing peppers because the whole dish just cooks a lot faster.
Sometimes, after a long day at work my husband is very hungry and impatient, when he gets home. I just can’t afford to cook dinner that requires a few hours of cooking and not being ready on time.
I used a mix of ground pork and beef, but you can use ground meat of your choice or substitute it with more fresh veggies.
With dinners like these easy quinoa stuffed bell peppers, I am able to reduce the stress and make some time for myself – to watch a tv show or just go to bed earlier.
Do you have a go-to dinner recipe for the times, when you just don’t want to stress out and are short on time?
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 4-6 medium bell peppers
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb ground meat ( I used meatloaf meat – a mix of ground pork and beef)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 cup [url href=”http://cbi.as/wi-g” target=”_blank”]Hunt’s[/url] canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn – canned or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups quinoa cooked in broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley + more for garnishing
- shredded cheese of your choice for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash peppers, cut the tops and remove cores. Arrange on a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook ground meat for 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add carrot and tomatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are no longer pink and liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated. Stir in quinoa and corn. Add parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a spoon mixture into the cavities of the peppers. Cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until peppers are soft. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh chopped parsley.