Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Quinoa Granola
This Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Quinoa Granola is healthy, easy and delicious. Adding quinoa to it turned it into a total winner! Totally gluten free and vegan if you use vegan chocolate chips.
The weekend is almost over and we should get ready for the coming week. Like for example, ensure we have some easy to prepare breakfast.
Did I ever tell you I’m not a breakfast person at all! Well, let’s say it this way: I like eating it, but I dislike making it. Most of the time I don’t have the ability and desire to make crepes or a feta omelet for breakfast. These are the days, when having some homemade healthy hearty granola comes handy!
I love chocolate, my favorite nuts are hazelnuts, coconut has such flavor. I couldn’t resist and add one of my favorite super foods – quinoa, yes, I find it a great addition to my granola. Some simple ingredients, transformed into a chocolate lover’s paradise, because I tend to add a little more chocolate than what’s listed in the recipe. I just don’t measure it precisely…
Back on the quinoa – I used a pre rinsed quinoa (I just buy it this way) and did not rinse it before baking and it worked out fine. I might rinse it next time to see what happens. You basically combine rolled oats, quinoa, coconut oil, hazelnuts and maple syrup, line over a baking sheet and bake granola. After granola is baked, you can add chocolate chips and coconut, and of course any dried fruit you might want to add (I did not use dried fruits for this recipe).
I rarely make granola, but when I do, this recipe is one of my favorites. Feel free to substitute hazelnuts with walnuts or pecans and also add some dried fruit (after baking) if you’d like to change the recipe a bit.
Homemade granola is good, because you can always control the quality and quantity of the ingredients and the baking time to create the perfect crunch. I like crunchy granola, not a fan of hard granola. I just need to keep my teeth!
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 4 oz organic semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- In a bowl mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, oats, quinoa and hazelnuts.
- Line[url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G0KJG4?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000G0KJG4&linkCode=xm2&tag=lslsfunblog-20″ target=”_blank” title=”baking sheet”] baking sheet[/url] with parchment paper or [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00629K4YK?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00629K4YK&linkCode=xm2&tag=lslsfunblog-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Silpat”]Silpat[/url]. Transfer mixture, spread and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and transfer to a bowl. Break down any large pieces. Mix in chocolate chips and coconut. Chocolate chips will slightly melt.
- Store in air tight container for up to 2 months.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)