Berry Lemon Tartlets and a Giveaway
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for Berry Lemon Tartlets and a Giveaway.
Homemade Meyer lemon curd and berries on top of buttery shortbread cookie crust. Impress your family and friends, they are easy to make and look fantastic! Perfect for a baby shower, birthday or holiday party.
These Berry Lemon Tartlets combine the sweetness of crumby cookie crust with a tangy, smooth lemon curd and fresh berries. I added tiny kiwi slices just to brighten up the look of these cute bite sized desserts.
To keep things short, (because I have an exciting $700 Giveaway to announce ), you’ll find the recipe for Homemade Meyer Lemon Curd here. This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of curd, just enough to fill 20-24 tartlets. If you don’t have any Meyer lemons around the house, regular lemon could be substituted.
I know it is only January 5th, but I’ve been craving these lemon curd filled cups forever. And today is the day I’m finally sharing this simple recipe with you. They do remind me of summer, fresh fruit and nice weather. Also perfect for a party and kids favorite.
My mom used to make these when we were little, but it used to take forever to talk her into making some. She used aluminum tartlet tins, which were tricky to fill and clean at times. But I’ve found a better alternative to bake these tartlets – I just used my muffin tin to bake the shells.
Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Not a fan of lemon curd? No problem! You can fill them with custard, whipped cream, pudding or even chocolate ganache. Feel free to use any berries of your choice.
These are fancy and colorful and I hope you enjoy them!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar).
- FOR THE TARTLET SHELLS:
- 3/4 (1 and 1/2 stick/ 160 gr) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- LEMON CURD FILLING :
- 1 1/2 cups (view [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/meyer-lemon-curd-recipe/” target=”_blank” title=”Meyer Lemon Curd”]RECIPE HERE[/url])
- 2 cups fresh berries of your choice ( I used 1 cup raspberries and 1 cup blueberries)
- 1 kiwi sliced thin
- TO MAKE THE TARTLET SHELLS:
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set a side.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar, until fluffy (for 3-4 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Slowly add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing until just incorporated.
- Form a ball from the dough, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Spray a regular 12 cups muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop dough into muffin tin. Press onto bottom to form a well and spread dough to the sides of muffin tin, about half way up.
- Bake cookie cups for 10-12 minutes, until edges turn golden.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a spoon, carefully press dough down the center of each cookie, to form a cup (this dough usually spreads while baking). Let them cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes, then tip cookie cups onto a clean towel. Let them cool completely.
- Use a pastry bag or a spoon to fill cookie cups with chilled lemon curd. Top with fresh berries and kiwi.
And the exciting part – Giveaway
The holidays are over…
With that, most of us have some holiday bills to pay. And because I appreciate everything my readers have done for me, there is no better way to say “thanks” than a nice giveaway.
I’ve teamed up with six of my best blogger friends to offer you a chance to win $700 (yes, that’s right) Paypal Cash or Amazon Gift Card (winner’s choice between $700 sent to you via Paypal or a $700 Amazon Gift card).
This giveaway comes to you just in time, after the holidays, to help you pay your holiday bills or buy something for yourself.
Pay Your Holiday Bills Giveaway runs from 00:01 January 5th 2015 to 11:59 January 19th EST (New York time).
Follow the Promo Simple Widget to enter. One entry subscribes you to all 7 blogs. You can enter with bonus entries as well.