Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce And Shrimp Recipe
Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce And Shrimp Recipe – delicious zoodles in creamy and flavorful sauce with mini shrimp.
This dish is like a fusion – gluten free zucchini noodles, rich and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and shrimp. Love the combination! It is easy to make and tastes amazing.
I’ve tried the recipe many times so far, using regular or whole wheat pasta. I should have shared it with you so far, but don’t ask me why I did not.
I made it with zucchini noodles a few months back and loved it. So today I’m sharing with you this lightened up version. The sauce is still creamy, but the pasta is low carb!
This dish takes 30 minutes to make on the stove top. It is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I was scared to substitute zucchini noodles in the recipe, but my whole family loves it!
Just a few simple ingredients, but lots of amazing flavors.
Do you have a spiralizer? Do you use it a lot? I don’t! For zucchini noodles, I use my OXO hand held spiralizer and it does a great job! Plus it doesn’t take much space in my kitchen.
Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce And Shrimp
Ingredients:1 pound of small shrimp 5 oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I use sun-dried tomatoes in oil) 2 tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, pressed 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 1/4 cups full-fat milk (half and half could be used) 1/2 tsp dried basil 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes 3 medium zucchini, made into zoodles 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 2 tsp capers parsley or fresh basil for garnishing
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, red pepper flakes. Stirr to combine.
- Add milk.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesan cheese, cook for one more minute. If the sauce appears too thin, you can thicken it with 2 tsp flour mixed with 1 tbsp warm water. I rarely need to thicken this sauce.
- Add zucchini noodles, stir to coat in the sauce.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle some more Parmesan on top and add capers. Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh basil. Serve immediately.