Vegan Mango Smoothie
Vegan Mango Smoothie Recipe – quick to make with just a few simple ingredients. Sweet, tangy, creamy, sugar-free, nutritious and delicious. The perfect summer drink (dessert). While the recipe is for “Vegan smoothie”, non vegans can have it. There is an option for adding yogurt. If you decide to do so, vegan or dairy yogurt could be added. It also happens to be gluten and refined sugar free.
- Mango chunks – preferably fresh, not frozen. Make sure you either use frozen banana or frozen mango. If both fruits are frozen, the blender might have difficulty blending the smoothie. The type of mangoes used doesn’t matter. I prefer Ataulfo (Honey) variety if available.
- Sliced banana – either fresh or frozen. I prefer frozen banana slices in my smoothies. This way the smoothie stays creamy and cold, otherwise it reminds me of “thick juice”.
- Orange juice – you can use mango juice if you’d like, but keep in mind that it will make the smoothie extra sweet. Orange juice adds some tanginess to this sweet smoothie. A combination of orange and mango juice can be used in this vegan smoothie.
- Ice – this is optional, but it thins and cools the smoothie.
- Sweetener – this is another optional ingredient. I used a date for today’s smoothie, but just a splash of Agave nectar or Maple syrup will work, too. Other options are adding low carb sweetener, honey or sugar. The smoothie is already naturally sweet, so add sweeteners with caution.
- Hemp hearts – shelled hemp seeds. I add these to my smoothies and smoothie bowls all the time. They are rich in protein and soluble fiber.
- Yogurt – another optional ingredient for a creamier, more filling smoothie. You have the option to add “vegan yogurt” to keep this smoothie vegan, or use regular unsweetened or Greek yogurt instead.
Vegan Mango Smoothie variations:
This is just a basic mango smoothie recipe (a starting point). You can customize it for your taste by adding different ingredients. Add avocado for a creamier, nutritious smoothie.
Strawberries pair well with mangoes, so why not add some frozen strawberries to the blender, together with the rest of the ingredients.
Greens like kale and spinach are a great option to add more vitamins and folate to your diet.
Are mangoes healthy?
Mangoes are fruits rich in vitamins, mineral and antioxidants. They are cholesterol and salt free.
Easy to add to your diet through smoothies, desserts, salads or Mango salsa.
Just like many other fruits, it is best to consume them in moderation.
How many mangoes do you need in this recipe?
Approximately 2 medium mangoes for 2 cups of fruit. This will make 2 small 8 oz smoothies.
Cutting a mango:
Slice each side of the mango just before the seed. Using a sharp knife slice flesh vertically, without breaking the skin. Scoop out the slices and dice.
More smoothie recipes:
- Creamy, spicy mango, avocado and strawberry smoothie
- Keto Smoothie Recipe
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup orange juice — or a mix of orange and mango juice
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 date or 1 tbsp liquid sweetener
- Optional: 1/4 cup yogurt — vegan or non vegan
Place all ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.