This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy cheesy tomato mozzarella pull apart bread. Definitely a crown pleaser! Ready in just 20 minutes.
Happy Friday! Ready for the weekend?
I’ve always loved pull apart bread, but rarely make it. It reminds me of my childhood. My grandmother makes this bread with oil, herbs and feta cheese.
I’ll be sharing the feta version in a future post, it is very tasty, but you won’t experience the fun of pulling out a piece with stringy cheese on it.
In this bread I used a mixture of garlic infused butter and olive oil, crushed tomatoes with basil (or pizza sauce) and fresh mozzarella cheese. Regular mozzarella works perfect! (Keep in mind fresh mozzarella releases more liquid and at times bread could be just a little soggy).
It bread is perfect for a family gathering and takes minimal effort and products to make.
Cut a loaf of dense bread in diamond shapes. Brush it with garlic infused butter/olive oil. Stuff it with some crushed tomatoes and mozzarella. Wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake for 5 more. Serve immediately.
Skip the tomato sauce and add other seasonings of your choice, if you’d like. Just make sure there is lots of cheese in it.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Tomato Mozzarella Pull Apart Bread
- 1 large loaf of crusty bread like sourdough
- 8-10 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, , cut into small cubes (or regular mozzarella)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce or crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Melt butter, then add olive oil, salt and garlic. Let the garlic sit for 10 minutes, to infuse the butter. You can then strain the mixture and use just the butter, or use it with the garlic. Add parsley.
- Cut the bread into diagonal 1 inch diamonds, making sure not to cut though.
- Drizzle garlic butter between the cracks. Add just a little of tomato sauce in between each crack. Using your fingers stuff bread with mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap bread in foil completely, place it on a coolie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is mostly melted. Uncover the top of the bread and bake for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.