Strawberry And White Chocolate Charlotte Cake Recipe
Strawberry Charlotte Cake Recipe – light combination of strawberry and white chocolate mousse and sweet and spongy lady fingers. Nice no bake dessert.
Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!
How was your holiday weekend? Did you have fun?
Mine was great!
We also had Strawberry And White Chocolate Charlotte Cake, the recipe for which I’m sharing with you today. I’m very excited, because it is extremely easy to make and very delicious. Fruity and very light, it is perfect for spring and summer.
Charlotte cake has been on my list for a while. I’m glad I made this Strawberry And White Chocolate Charlotte Cake.
When I started looking for recipes, I realized that the possibilities are endless.
If you haven’t heard of this cake, Wikipedia’s definition for it is:“A Charlotte is a type of dessert, or truffle, that can be served hot or cold. Bread, sponge cake, or biscuits/cookies are used to line a mold, which is then filled with fruit puree or custard. It can be also made using layers of breadcrumbs. Lady fingers may be used, too. The filling may be covered with a thin layer of similarly flavored gelatin.”
This definitely gave me a lot of room to experiment.
My love for tiramisu is not a secret and I always have lady fingers cookies in my pantry.
I used these to line a spring form pan. Them I made a strawberry flavored mousse (with gelatin) and filled the spring form pan with it. I refrigerated it for 1 hour. In the mean time I made some white chocolate mousse. I added it on top and refrigerated for 5-6 more hours. To decorate the top of the cake I used fresh strawberries.
It sounds pretty easy? It really is.
This cake is so simple to make and everyone, who tried it was impressed!
I hope you like it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Strawberry Charlotte Cake Recipe
- 2 pints fresh (hulled and sliced) or frozen (thawed) strawberries
- 3/4 -1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pack gelatin (1 pack is 7 grams)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pack gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 8 oz white chocolate (finely chopped or chocolate chips)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 15-20 lady fingers
- 1 pint fresh strawberries for decorating
- 9 inch spring form pan
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring form pan with plastic wrap. Set a side.
- In a large sauce pan combine strawberries and sugar and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool completely. Then transfer to a food processor/blender and puree until smooth. Strain mixture and set a side. Let it cool down completely.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of cold water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time beat 2 cups of cold whipping cream on high for 3-5 minutes until firm.
- Gelatin mixture should have gotten firm already. Place it in the microwave for 10-15 minutes or warm it up over a double boiler until it turns into a liquid.
- Add gelatin to strawberry mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Gently, using a rubber spatula fold in whipped cream.
- Line the sides of spring form pan with lady fingers. Pour strawberry mousse into spring form pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl with 3 tbsp cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Place white chocolate in a bowl and set a side.
- Bring 1 cup of heavy cream to simmer. Pour cream over white chocolate. Whisk until melted and smooth. Cool mixture at room temperature.
- Warm up gelatin in the microwave or over a double boiler, until it turns liquid. Add gelatin to white chocolate mixture.
- In a bowl whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream 3-5 minutes high speed, until thick.
- Using a rubber spatula fold whip cream into the white chocolate/gelatin mixture.
- Pour white chocolate mousse over chilled layer of strawberry mousse.Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight. Add fresh strawberries on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
This is the same cake, just decorated differently: