This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Stacked Star Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe – extremely easy to make, cute, delicious and festive! Cut out sugar cookie in three different sizes, stacked together with melted chocolate on top of each other to achieve an impressive Christmas tree cookie look. Drizzled with chocolate and topped with holiday sprinkles.
I’m so happy I can finally share this Stacked Star Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe with you today. I made them last year, right before Christmas and I had no time to write the recipe.
You know, it is really busy around the holidays and there already are so many cookie recipes on the web and also on my blog. Some of my most popular Christmas cookie recipes are :
But I realized that this Stacked Star Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe should not stay in my “drafts” folder.
There is nothing special about them, but they are somewhat cool and festive.
A great addition to your Christmas cookie platter, or you can even package them individually and give them as gifts.
Basic sugar cutout cookie, made in three different sizes in a star shape and stacked together with melted chocolate. You can also use chocolate ganache for stacking, if you have the time to make it.
For these Stacked Star Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies I used my favorite cutout cookie recipe, that I also use for cookies covered with royal icing.
I love this particular recipe, because it is foolproof, does not require chilling rime and always works!
A little bit of cornstarch added to the dough makes the cookies soft, but still sturdy, so they don’t fall apart. And these cookies also taste amazing on their own, but a little bit of chocolate and some sprinkles is always a good idea!
Super simple and a show stopper! Hope you like these!
Stacked Star Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe
For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and add eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Add flour, cornstarch and salt. Beat until incorporated, for 3-4 minutes. Shape into a ball.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment or wax paper, it needs to be around 1/4 -inch thick.Cut out 3 different sizes of stars.
- Place on baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size, keep an eye on the cookies).
- Let the cookies cool.
- Melt chocolate with vegetable oil.
- Stack together cookies with melted chocolate, place the biggest size on the bottom, and smaller ones on top. Drizzle with chocolate. Top with sprinkles.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.