Spiralized Cucumber Salad With Tomatoes And Feta
Spiralized Cucumber Salad With Tomatoes And Feta – a fun twist on a popular tomato-cucumber salad, using spiralized cucumber noodles.
Simple to make, all you need is 4 main ingredients to make this spiralized cucumber salad with tomatoes and feta – cucumber, tomatoes, feta and onion.
Light dressing made with salt, olive oil and vinegar. Thick slices of feta cheese, sprinkled with sumac, for extra fresh, lemony flavor.
Very delicious and ready in under 5 minutes. Perfect for a light dish or side salad.
If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories, you may have seen the food that I eat and often share with you. You may have noticed that I have a tomato-cucumber salad almost every other day.
I try to always have fresh tomatoes and cucumbers on hand, especially during summer, when I don’t like to spend numerous hours cooking indoors.
I chop some tomatoes, cucumbers, add green or purple onion, season with salt, olive oil and sometimes a few drops of vinegar. The salad comes together very quickly.
Then I added feta. And there it is – my healthy and nutritious meal is ready. If I happen to have green peppers and olives, I can add these, too.
Sounds familiar? Looks like Greek salad? No lettuce of course! I love lettuce, but it doesn’t go in my tomato-cucumber salad.
When I find myself stuck with 3 cucumbers in the fridge, that I got at the Farmer’s market and desperately have to use, otherwise they will go bad, I make a spiralized cucumber salad with tomatoes and feta.
- Spiralizing a cucumber takes a minute, but makes the salad extra chunky and pretty!
- If you are not a fan of spiralized veggies, just chop it. It is hat easy.
- If you decide to make the salad ahead of time, don’t add the salt, olive oil and vinegar, before you are ready to eat it.
- Salt brings out the juices from the tomatoes and cucumbers, and while it makes the dressing (salad sauce) extra tasty, it will also make the veggies soggy and very soft, if you add it way in advance.
- Make sure you use a good quality feta cheese. I get mine at my local grocery store. While I’m Bulgarian and I’ve bought some excellent quality Bulgarian Feta here in the US, right now I like to buy Greek Feta Cheese.
I topped the feta cheese with some sumac (read more about it here and here). It brings a nice Mediterranean, fresh, lemony flavor to the whole salad. If you don’t have it or just don’t want to add it, just leave it out.
Hope you enjoy this simple Spiralized Cucumber Salad With Tomatoes And Feta with Mediterranean flavors and simple ingredients.
Spiralized Cucumber Salad With Tomatoes And Feta - a fun twist on a popular tomato-cucumber salad, using spiralized cucumber noodles.
- 1 English cucumber, seedless large, peeled, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
Spiralize cucumber, using a spiralizer, or chop with a knife. Place in a bowl.
Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Add to the bowl.
Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Top with green onion and add feta. Sprinkle sumac over feta. Garnish with parsley.
Looking For More Salads? Check These Out: