Quinoa Zucchini Cakes (Fritters)
|Quinoa With Mushrooms|
I’ve been trying to eat healthier for the past 2 years. That makes me consume a lot of super foods like quinoa, chia seeds and kale. Although I would like to share with you more recipes with these products, I feel that I still haven’t experimented enough. That’s why I promise to publish some more healthy recipes in the future.
For this recipe in Bulgarian, please click here.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3 small zucchini peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Sprinkle salt over grated zucchini. Place a mesh strainer over a bowl and add zucchini. Press and squeeze water from them. Let zucchini sit for 10 minutes, to allow water to drain.
- To cook quinoa- in a pan combine 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium and cover. Let it cook until all water is absorbed or for around 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine zucchini, quinoa, egg, thyme, black pepper and garlic powder. Using a tablespoon scoop small amounts of mixture and shape them into patties.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Carefully add patties, leaving enough space between them and fry for about 4 minutes per side, until golden.