Puff Pastry And Feta Triangles
Puff pastry and feta triangles – so simple to make, crispy and delicious!
So glad it is Friday! And I hope the weather warms up around here, at least a little!
These puff pastry and feta triangles are great for a savory snack, appetizer or even breakfast.
Puff pastry dough is cut into 3×3 inch squares, then filled with a mixture of feta cheese and egg, then closed to form a triangle. Brushed with egg wash and baked until golden. Can’t get any easier! These are ready in just 30 minutes, so they are great for the weekends, when you like to relax or week nights, when you are short on time.
Of course these triangles could be filled with cheese of your choice, but I prefer feta. They are pretty tasty, you can serve with a side of jam.
Feta cheese could be very salty, so if you don’t like that, you can soak it in cold water for a few hours before using.
They are portable- take them with you to a picnic or party. You can also make them a day in advance and keep them in the fridge, until ready to bake.
The inspiration for them came from a Bulgarian recipe, but I promise to be very careful with these recipes. Last time I posted the Cold Cucumber And Yogurt Soul, I lost quite a few subscribers, but what can you do? I am who I am, so I’ll just be cautious.
Have a great weekend guys!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 (17 oz ) package puff pastry, (2 sheets), thawed, but very cold
- 2 eggs minus 1 egg yolk (use the egg yolk for brushing the top of the triangles)
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (silpat if temperature allows it).
- Carefully unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto floured work surface. Cut each sheet into 3 inch squares.
- In a bowl, crumble feta cheese and mix with 1 egg and 1 egg white.
- In a different bowl, whisk egg yolk and milk, set a side.
- Place 1/2 Tbsp of egg and feta mix in the middle of each square, then stretch and fold puff pastry over it, to form a triangle. Press with fork, to crimp edges.
- Brush with egg yolk and milk tops of puff pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Products I used :