Persimmon Coconut Chia Puddings
Persimmon Coconut Chia Puddings – smooth, sweet and creamy coconut pudding topped with flavorful persimmon jam. A very easy and healthy dessert. Vegan and gluten free, but still very tasty!
Persimmons? Love them or hate them? Or – never tried them?
Hey guys! Today I have these cute little desserts for you, which combine coconut chia pudding and persimmon jam.
To be honest this is the first time I bought persimmons myself. But I remember trying them very long time ago as a child and can recall they were sweet and over ripe. Did not remember anything else. And a fun fact – they were called something like “Heavenly Apples” in Bulgaria.
Asked my mom to verify that persimmons are the same thing as what I thought they were and she said “yes”. She also reminded me that I did not want to eat them back them, because of their weird shape…
Well I’ve changed a little and I’m so glad I gave them a try again!
These orange in color, tomato like fruits come from Asia.
There are two types – Fuyu and Hachiya, I got the Hachiya type I believe, they are more oblong in shape and have a darker orange color. You can eat them raw, dry or in jams.
I decided to make a quick jam and top my coconut chia pudding with it, but if you din’t have the time for make a jam, you can just dice raw persimmons and mix them into the pudding. The combination is fantastic.
Chia seeds are packed with protein and Omega 3. I love adding them to juices, smoothies and of course making puddings with canned coconut milk. They expand and are great for puddings, if you don’t mind their tapioca-like texture.
Coconut chia puddings are so easy to make, clean and delicious desserts. Top them with fresh fruit or even enjoy them on their own.
Forgot to mention, this puddings is vegan and gluten free. Great for a healthy snack.
Have a great weekend guys!
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- one 14.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar (honey can be used)
- 1 large ripe persimmon , cored and peeled if possible, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- In a deep bowl, combine coconut oil, chia seeds and agave nectar. Stir to combine. Transfer to 2 large or 4 small glasses and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- In a sauce pan combine diced persimmons, sugar, water and lemon zest. Cook on medium heat (for 10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally until soft.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Add in lemon juice.
- This is optional, but brings a lot of flavor. In a small pan over low heat lightly toast coconut flakes for 1 minute. be careful not to burn them.
- Take the set chia pudding out of the fridge. Carefully read persimmon jam to top. Garnish with toasted coconut.