Open-Faced Ham And Cheese Sandwiches
Smoked Black Forest Ham and melty mozzarella cheese, these open-faced ham and cheese sandwiches are very tasty and require minimal time and effort to make.
I make this kind of sandwich at least once a week! They are a staple in my house! Ready in under 20 minutes, they are great for breakfast, lunch, an appetizer or even party food. They will make a great game day snack.
My Rule #1 of Smoke House Rules: I usually don’t buy a lot of deli meats, but when I do, I always get Black Forest Ham. There is something very comforting I always find in its smoky, salty flavor.
I was very excited to be able to try Boar’s Head Smoke Master Beechwood Smoked Black Forest Ham. Crafted with the finest ingredients and exceptional care, this ham is naturally smoked with imported German beechwood. The result, a ham with a delicious, distinct flavor that is rich and smooth.
The smokiness of this ham and its unique flavor pairs well with mild and creamy mozzarella. And of course, I like to make sandwiches. But the easy kind of sandwiches, like these.
Ham is so versatile and you can incorporate it in a lot of dishes, or even serve it on a platter with other meats and cheeses as an appetizer. You can also add it to dips, omelets, scrambles or casseroles. But if you don’t have time for all that, you can always make these quick open-faced sandwiches.
My Rule #2 of Smoke House Rules – when there is a ton of flavor, already present in the smoked ham- keep recipes simple. The flavor is there, make sure you enjoy it! These are one of the very first things I learned how to “cook” (make) when I was 5.
At the store, where I got the Boar’s Head Smoke Master Beechwood Smoked Black Forest Ham, I also found their Cajun Style Gourmaise. I can’t describe how much I loved it! You can squeeze some on top of your sandwich to add extra kick and flavor.
Have you tried Boar’s Head products?
If you like Boar’s Head, visit the Boar’s Head Smoke House Rules Sweepstakes to enter for a chance to win a gift card by sharing your own culinary rules for creating perfect smoked recipe!
- 1 medium baguette cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb sliced Boar's Head Smoke Master Beechwood Smoked Black Forest Ham torn into small pieces , to fit over the bread
- 1/2 lb Boar's Head Mozzarella (sliced) torn into pieces to fit over the bread
- cooking spray
- Boar's Head Cajun Style Gourmaise
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Line sliced bread on the baking sheet. Place pieces of ham over each slice of bread and then top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until cheese melts. Turn the oven to broil and keeping a close eye on the sandwiches, let them broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese on top bubbles.
- Take out of the oven and serve warm.
Make sure you keen an eye on the sandwiches, while the oven is set to broil.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.