How To Make Sugared Cranberries
How To Make Sugared Cranberries – a quick and easy way (recipe) to make sugared cranberries at home. Festive and perfect for the holidays.
While these sugared cranberries are perfect for topping cakes and other desserts, they are also great for snacking, if you are a fan of the tart-sweet combination.
Put them in a bowl and they can be a nice part of your holiday decor.
I’ll be very quick today, because I’m already in a holiday mood.
I decided to include this recipe, because I used these sugared cranberries to top this beautiful Tangerine layer cake.
This is the first time I made sugared cranberries. I’ll be honest – I’ve wanted to make them for a while, but don’t ask me why I did not.
I wanted to have them in a separate recipe on the blog, so I can easily link to them, since I’ll be using them in other recipes (mostly for decoration).
These scream “Christmas” to me!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium pot, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, stir so the sugar os dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add cranberries, make sure they are covered (coated) with the simple syrup.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer to a wire rack. Let the cranberries dry completely. It will take 1-2 hours.
- Place 1 cup sugar (you may need more) in a bowl. Roll cranberries into the sugar, then transfer them to another bowl.