Keto Pumpkin Mousse
Keto Pumpkin Mousse – low-carb, sugar-free and gluten-free seasonal sweet treat, that is very easy to make, light and delicious. Made with mascarpone cheese, pumpkin puree, low-carb sweetener, pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream. Served in mini cups for an elegant presentation.
Come on, sharing a pumpkin dessert in August? I can’t believe I’m doing this. I really wanted to wait on this one, but I seem to be doing things pretty early this year.
I made this Keto Pumpkin Mousse a few times already and everyone loves it. Plus pumpkin is not just for fall. I use it in recipes year round.
What ingredients do you need to make this Keto Pumpkin Mousse?
- Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!!!)
- Low-carb sweetener that is suitable for Ketogenic diet. I used Swetve Confectioners.
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Heavy whipping cream
- Mascarpone cheese
You may be asking yourself, is Mascarpone Keto?
Yes, Mascarpone cheese is perfect for Keto and low carb desserts. It actually is a must have for me, if you are planning to make your own Keto desserts. It only contains 1 net carb per serving of 15 grams.
I used it in the filling of these Mini Keto Tarts and also this decadent, gluten-free Keto Chocolate Cake.
I need to make a Keto tiramisu soon!
It also works well in savory items like low-carb, high-fat pasta sauces.
I know a lot of low-carb mousse recipes call for Cream Cheese.
I love cheesecake style mousses, but often times, since on Keto, I prefer to use Mascarpone. It is very creamy and makes any dessert taste amazing.
Could you make this Keto pumpkin mousse with cream cheese? Yes you can make it.
If for some reason you can not find it or don’t want to spend the money on it, since it is pricier than cream cheese, you can substitute full fat cream cheese in equal amounts.
Is pumpkin Keto?
Absolutely! Thankfully pumpkin is Keto! You can eat as much as you’d like. It is rich in fiber and low in sugar. You can easily use it in sweet and savory recipes.
How to make low-carb pumpkin mousse:
- Place mascarpone and low-carb sweetener in a deep bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Slowly, with the mixer running of low, add the heavy cream. Beat just until incorporated and fluffy, ot for 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
- Top with whipped cream (optional), chopped sugar-free chocolate and mint.
Tips for making desserts with Mascarpone:
- Mascarpone cheese is quite sensitive to temperature.
- I suggest that all of your ingredients are at similar temperature. Make sure you take the mascarpone, cream and pumpkin out of the fridge 15 minutes before you use them.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low-speed. Low-speed and attention are keys.
- If mixed on high speed, mascarpone cheese may separate (curdle) and this will ruin your dessert.
- There are methods to bring it together, but they are not quite successful.
- Keep mascarpone desserts refrigerated at all times.
How long to store this sugar-free pumpkin mousse for?
You can store this low-carb dessert in ait tight containers or in glass cups covered with plastic wrap for 5 days in the fridge.
This Keto pumpkin mousse can also be used as a no-bake pie filling.
Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese — take at room temperature of no more than 75F for 15 minutes before use
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract — optional
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree — or less
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Optional for garnishing:
- mint leaves, chopped Keto chocolate, whipped cream
Place mascarpone and low-carb sweetener in a deep bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes.
Add vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low until incorporated.
Slowly, with the mixer running of low, add the heavy cream. Beat just until incorporated and fluffy, or for 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
Top with whipped cream (optional), chopped sugar-free chocolate and mint.
I’m so ready for fall and pumpkin everything, so bring it on! 🙂 This mousse sounds delicious, Mira! I love the mascarpone in here. I can’t wait to try this!
This looks delicious! Sending it to my daughter who I know will love it!
I cannot wait to have this, so I’m making this tonight!
Hope you like it! It is super easy to make and delicious!
Just did the nutritional count on My Fitness Pal and I came up with Calories 270, Carbs 11.4, Fat 24, Protein 4.3 and Fiber .5. Any idea why there is a discrepancy.
Hi Kathy, sorry I do not use My Fitness Pal, but it sounds incorrect.
Here is the info, while I don’t know why there is a discrepancy:
mascarpone -4.5 g carbs
pumpkin – 10 g
heavy cream 8 g
total 22.5 / 6 (servings) =3.75 carbs
From the 3.75 carbs subtract the fiber for net carbs
By looking at the ingredients I can’t find where the My Fitness Pal carbs come from, sorry.
I left my pumpkin mousse in one large bowl instead of separating it into six servings. Any idea what an actual serving weighs as I`m trying to maintain a strict keto regimen. Also wanted to say that this mousse tastes delicious.
I left my pumpkin mousse in one large bowl instead of separating it into six servings. Any idea what an actual serving weighs as I`m trying to maintain a strict keto regimen. Also wanted to say that this pumpkin mousse tastes delicious.