Grilling With a Twist with MorningStar Farms – Roasted Garlic And Quinoa Burgers
Grilled roasted garlic and quinoa burger, served with a side of crunchy cucumber salad. Burger, made with red quinoa, lentils and veggies. Non GMO and 100 % vegan. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#GrillWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Barbecue season just couldn’t be more exciting, with these low calorie roasted garlic and quinoa burgers I just recently discovered and had the opportunity to try!
These burgers are from MorningStar Farms and I got them at Target. They are available at the frozen foods department, where meat alternatives are sold.
I live 2 minutes away from a Target store, so I pretty much shop there daily. You can get all products needed to create this dish at Target.
Grilling is a lot of fun to me, as you already know, so I’m always excited to try new products. (These are just new to me!)
Did you know that meatless, could still be delicious? I’m not a vegetarian or vegan, but I often find myself craving a nice meatless meal. Plus you know I love cooking with quinoa. But sometimes on a weekend, I simply don’t have the time or desire to cook quinoa and make burger patties with it. Especially, if you have people come over and you have to clean the house and go shopping!
So I found the perfect alternative – MorningStar Farms Roasted Garlic And Quinoa Frozen Burger Patties. Veggie Cuisine, you’ll love. They are easy to prepare with a stove top, microwave or grill option. I cooked mine on the grill (400F 3-4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165F). Temperature and time may vary, depending on the type of grill used.
These burgers could be served with any side dish of your choice. I decided to make a light one this time, which paired perfectly with the burgers – a simple cucumber dill salad.
These burgers had a deep flavor and great texture. For a quinoa lover like me, it just doesn’t get any easier. Cooking them on the grill was a great idea and made them even more flavorful. They are a good source of protein with just 130 calories per serving and also vegan.
I personally do not need to eat meat every day, especially after finding this product.
If you are interested in going meatless for a number of meals a week, with meals you select, check out the “Veg of Allegiance“. You can also enter for a chance to WIN prizes like a hybrid car, a cruiser bicycle or a year supply of MorningStar Farms® products. Take the pledge today!
Don’t miss out on the Target cartwheel offer, available 6/28 to 7/4 ad save 20% on MorningStar Farms Products.
- 4 roasted garlic and quinoa burgers from MorningStar Farms (one pack)
- 4 burger buns , cut in half
- lettuce of your choice for serving (I used arugula)
- 1 large tomato , sliced into rounds
- 4 onion rounds
- 8-10 (1/2 pound) mini cucumbers, cut into rounds
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat gas grill to medium (no more than 400 F). Clean grates. Place burgers on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once, until the internal temperature has reached 165 F. (Cooking time may vary. Alternatively - cook on the stove top or in the microwave).
- Warm up burger buns on the grill.
- Serve burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and a side of cucumber salad.
- In a deep bowl, combine cucumbers, dill, vinegar, olive oil and salt. Toss to combine. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).