Grilled Chicken Skewers
|Grilled Chicken Skewers|
Today’s recipe is for a low calorie, delicious, flavorful and full of protein meal – gilled chicken skewers.
I like chicken, although I don’t eat it very often, but when I do, this os one of my favorite ways to cook it – on a stick. I do prefer making small skewers, with just 4-5 small pieces of meat on each one. This way they look cuter and are also great for a party platter. I grill them on my Weber gas grill, but they can also be baked in the oven.
This recipe can be done with other kinds of meat like pork or beef.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 8 small wooden skewers soaked in water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and add meat. Make sure all pieces are evenly covered with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 1 hour. For best results refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400 F (medium-high heat ) and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill for 5 minutes per side, or until done.