Feta And Egg Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
Feta And Egg Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe – light, delicious and easy to make appetizer/snack. Ready in 20 minutes.
Just 3 simple basic ingredients and 20 minutes to make, these Feta And Egg Stuffed Peppers are crunchy and sweet on the inside with salty and flavorful filling.
I’m obsessed with mini peppers. I buy them all the time. Use them in salads, soups and stews, but they look awesome for an appetizer. Bite sized food is perfect for a party.
I’ve shared with you whipped feta stuffed mini peppers, which are a cold appetizer/snack.
This time I decided to share a warm version (a bit different) of stuffed mini peppers.
These Feta And Egg Stuffed Mini Peppers are filled with a mixture of egg, feta and simple seasoning of pepper, garlic powder, paprika and parsley. Topped with some shredded mozzarella and baked in the oven, until the filling is cooked and cheese on top is melted. So easy, they can even turn into a light meatless meal.
This is a recipe I know from my grandmother. The only difference is that she uses larger peppers, does not cut them in half, but fills the whole pepper with this filling and bakes it in the oven.
I’ve found that mini peppers look a lot cuter and I prefer to use them instead. I’m embarrassed to say, that I usually like to double or triple the recipe, because it is so hard to stop eating these…
These are great for a family gathering or a party and you can make them year long. They will make a nice game day appetizer, too!
Feta cheese is usually pretty salty, so there is no salt in this recipe. If you aren’t a fan of salty foods, you can soak your cheese in cold water for 1 hour before using it.
Hope you enjoy these!
- 20 sweet mini peppers
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz feta cheese (if it is too salty, soak in cold water for 1 hour before using)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash peppers, cut in half and remove seeds.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, feta, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, parsley. Mix to combine. Fill
- peppers with mixture, then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the filling is cooked (keep an eye on them). Broil for 2 minutes, to create nice browning on top. Serve warm.