This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Do you need a quick and simple breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied? Try this Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Granola. It tastes amazing!
With the holidays finally over, I’ve been thinking about my new years resolutions. I can’t believe it is 2016 already. Happy New Year everyone! Let’s hope it is better than 2015!
With Christmas and NYE, traveling and parties, I can’t say I’ve been eating healthy for the last 2-3 weeks. I ate out a lot and I ate way more than I had to!
That’s why now when everything is over, I think it is time to go back to my normal diet and exercise routine.
To make breakfast time more exciting, I decided to start with some “winter inspired” homemade granola. I love granola for breakfast and I prefer to take the time and make it myself. It is super simple to make and packed with wonderful flavors!
In this recipe I used rolled oats, almonds, hazelnuts, Craisins® Dried Cranberries Original, white chocolate chips and shaved coconut. I baked my granola this time, instead of preparing it on the stove top. The stove top method will work for this recipe though, but you do need to be careful of not burning the oats and nuts. Feel free to add fruits and nuts of your choice to your granola. I like my granola with lots of milk.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you may know that I love cranberries. When I need dried ones for a recipe like this, I always get Craisins®. I get them from the dried fruit section at my local Walmart.
Craisins® are perfect to add to your granola, oatmeal and even salads. They add great flavor and 1/4 cup of Craisins® provides 1/2 cup serving of fruits. Awesome, right? They are available in several package sizes and flavors, but I decided to stick to the original flavor.
While shopping at Walmart, I also got a pack of Craisins® Cranberry Almond Fruit Clusters. Made with real fruit and whole grain oats these make the perfect crunchy snack! I’m so glad I got to try them. They are also available in the dried fruit/snack section at Walmart.
Hope you like the recipe, because everything is better with Craisins®!
Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Granola
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut, (unsweetened)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Craisins®
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine oats, almonds, hazelnuts and coconut.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Pour mixture over oats mixture and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Stir in Craisins® Dried Cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.