Chocolate Crepes With Fresh Strawberries And Chocolate Sauce
|Chocolate Crepes With Fresh Strawberries|
I personally enjoy crepes for breakfast, but what s better than plain crepes? I guess for all chocolate lovers out there – the answer is chocolate crepes. Satisfy your craving for chocolate with this easy recipe for chocolate crepes served with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce.
This recipe makes around 12 crepes.
- 1 cup flour + 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp unsweened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- pinch of salt
- additional butter for greasing the skillet
- 24 strawberries sliced , 2 for each crepe
- powder sugar (2-3 tbsp for sprinkling the crepes)
- chocolate syrup (1/2 - 3/4 cup)
- To make the batter put flour, cocoa powder, milk, eggs, butter and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. If you are not using a blender, beat eggs in a large bowl, add milk and butter, then gradually add flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Heat a skillet (8-10 inch) on medium to low heat. When hot spray with butter spray or add a small dab of butter and spread it. Add about 3-4 tbsp of batter to the center of the skillet and quickly spread it to coat the bottom evenly. When top starts to look dry, using a spatula turn crepe and let it cook for 30 more seconds to 1 minute. Repeat process with the remaining batter, greasing the skillet between each one. Don't stack crepes on top of each other, because they'll turn soggy.
- To serve - butter crepes, while still warm, sprinkle with powder sugar and add sliced strawberries and fold the crepe. Top with more powder sugar and warm chocolate syrup.