Sugar Free Skinny Limeade
Sugar free, skinny limeade server with fresh berries – light and refreshing, low calories, great for summer!
Happy almost Memorial Day guys!
Today’s recipe is for very easy and sugar free skinny limeade.
I’ve always loved homemade lemonade and I make it all the time.
To be honest though – the amount of sugar you need for a few cups of lemonade makes me worried at times. I can tell you – there are way better ways to consume my sugar, like this cheesecake for example.
I really wanted to try and make naturally flavored limeade (lemonade) and a while back I got some Stevia. Since I like my coffee/tea unsweetened, I knew I’m going to use it for some sweet drinks, like this limeade.
You do need to be extra careful, when using Stevia, because adding too much will cause your drink have bitter aftertaste.
Not a fan of natural sweeteners, it is totally fine! You can make some simple syrup with sugar and use it instead. Truvia could also be substituted.
I’m not trying to say that one is better than the other, there are various opinions and believes on natural sweeteners. I’m just trying to give you a zero calorie option for one of my favorite summer drinks.
This is the perfect drink to serve at your Memorial Day Party, and also all summer long!
Add some fresh berries, to infuse the taste and make the drink look pretty!
(Stevia is a sweetener and sugar substitute, extracted from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana. Truvia is a Stevia based, sugar substitute, developed jointly by Cargill and The Coca Cola Company).
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2/3 cup lime juice (from about 10 large limes)
- 7 cups water
- 1 tsp Stevia extract ( start with 1/2 tsp and adjust the taste)
- ice for serving
- fresh strawberries and blueberries for serving
- lime slices and mint for garnishing
- In a large pitcher combine lime juice and 1/2 tsp Stevia extract. Add water. Taste. Add more Stevia extract to taste. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- To serve: Fill glasses with ice, about 2/3 full. Top with berries. Pour limeade to fill glasses. Garnish with mint and lime slices.