Easy Blender Salsa
This is easy blender salsa mild, smooth and flavorful. It could be served with chips, tacos, over nachos or even as a ketchup replacement.
Chips and salsa is one of my all time favorite appetizers.
And I used to always buy salsa form the store until recently… I’ve realized that making it at come is very simple and takes less than 5 minutes. Great for the times, when guests come over unexpected and you’d like to serve a quick appetizer.
Not a huge fan of chunky salsa, that’s why this blender version is just perfect for me. Minimal cutting, and let your blender do the work.
I used canned tomatoes and canned green chili peppers, which are widely available in the US.
I prefer using red onions in salsas, because they are sweeter and have mild flavor, just right for my taste.
Total cost? Maybe less than $3. A jar of salsa costs more than that in the store.
I should have tried this very long time ago. So easy to make and you can totally control what goes in it.
And you most likely already have all ingredients in your kitchen.
This salsa is on the mild side, but you can always spice it up by adding some cayenne pepper or jalapeño peppers.
Ever since I discovered this recipe, I’ve been making salsa at least once a week. This time I made it to top this cheesy chicken nachos appetizer, the recipe for which I’m sharing next.
Since I’m a huge snacker, so having some fresh homemade salsa with crispy tortilla chips feels great!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
You Might Also Like :
- 4 oz can green chiles, not drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- ½ medium roughly chopped red onion (yellow is fine)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add green chiles, lime juice, salt and cumin to the jar of a blender. (At this point add jamapeno pepper and cayenne if using). Pulse 3-5 times. Scrape the sides of the jar with a spatula if needed.
- Add tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Pulse 3-5 times.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.