Croissant Creme Caramel Pudding In A Bundt Pan
Croissant Creme Caramel Pudding In A Bundt Pan – croissants soaked in creme caramel custard with rich flavor and the perfect balance of sweetness. A luxurious version of bread pudding.
Happy Monday guys!
How was your weekend? Mine was perfect! I was able to get some sleep and also spend time with friends. Weather was nice, I just couldn’t want more…
Let’s start the week with something sweet!
This is the perfect and effortless dessert. Do you like creme caramel (flan)? If you do, you most likely are going to love this dessert. It is made in a bundt pan, but you can also make it in a pyrex baking dish.
What I love about this caramel bread pudding is that unlike creme caramel, you don’t need to worry about baking it in a water bath and unlike some bread puddings, it is perfectly soft and moist, without burned edges.
My mom and a friend of mine make this dessert all the time. I’ve only made it twice so far, but I love it. I reduced the amount of sugar from the original recipe, but you can definitely use a little more sugar, if you prefer extra sweetness.
The croissants I used are similar to these, which I got from a grocery store around the house. I just can’t find the exact ones I used. They aren’t too big, so I used 6 of them. Mine were filled with white cream filling, but you can also use chocolate filled ones. You can use plain butter croissants, which are not as sweet, so I suggest using 1 cup of sugar for the custard instead of 3/4 cups.
You can serve this dessert at room temperature, but in my opinion it tastes better chilled.
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 3 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 small croissants (filled with chocolate, cream or plain)
- For the caramel:
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla and milk. Beat until incorporated.
- Caramelize 4 tbsp sugar until golden brown color. Pour on the bottom of a bundt pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of the milk/egg/sugar mixture over the caramelized sugar. Place 3 croissants over the milk mixture, and then top with about 1 cup from it. Top with the remaining 3 croissants and pour the remaining milk mixture. (Alternatively, you can cut croissants into pieces, this way they will soak up the custard even better).
- Bake for 1 hour at 300 F, until custard is set and the top is browned. Turn the oven off and let the pudding cool inside it for 20 minutes.
- Then carefully loosen it with a small knife and flip over a plate to separate from the pan.
- Keep refrigerated for up to a week.