Chia Almond Overnight Oats
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Easy Chia Almond Overnight Oats, perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast.
I have another breakfast recipe for you this week. This one is just so simple to prepare and tastes delicious. Made with a few simple ingredients, you don’t need to worry anymore. They are gluten free, dairy free and vegan (if you skip the yogurt).
The thing with breakfast – I can not call myself a “breakfast person”. I like my breakfast smoothie!
But I usually do my best to try different breakfast recipes, whenever I can. And I love easy, little time-consuming ones. Any overnight breakfast sounds good to me. I love the idea of preparing something at night and then having it ready to eat in the morning.
One of my new years resolutions has been to have a healthy breakfast every morning. And I have been sticking to it for now. Almond Breeze Almondmilk has helped me a lot with it. I use it for smoothies, pancakes, crepes, granola, cereal or oats. It is low calorie that regular dairy milk, gluten free and tastes amazing.
I have not had much success with overnight oats so far. I only tried making them once, but they did not turn as creamy and delicious as this time. I guess the use of almond milk brought some great flavors and the addition of chia seeds make this oatmeal super creamy.
All you need to do is combine old-fashioned oats, almond milk, yogurt and chia seeds in a jar. Stir to combine and let it sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can add some sweetener, vanilla extract or cinnamon, top with fruit of your choice, serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk (you can add up to 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- sweetener of your choice (optional, I do not add any)
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- fresh fruit like sliced bananas, tangerines and blueberries for serving
- In a bowl or a mason jar, combine almond milk, oats, chia seeds and Greek yogurt. Stir well and cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon if you’d like. Divide between 2 cups and top with fruit.