Cheesecake With Blueberry Topping
I love all kinds of cheesecake and today I would like to share with you my favorite recipe for a delicious homemade cheesecake. It is really easy to make, tastes great and looks beautiful. I hope you enjoy this blueberry cheesecake recipe!
You can enjoy this cake plain, but I’ve included a recipe for a blueberry topping. If you don’t like blueberries, you can make a strawberry or raspberry topping.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 cups blueberries (can use fresh or frozen )
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well. Pour into a 9 inch springform pan. Use a spoon and press crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool at room temperature.
- Cheesecake filling:
- Preheat oven to 430 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together cream cheese and sugar, until fluffy. (You can use a regular electric mixer and a bowl). Make sure you scrape the bowl, so you don’t get any cream cheese chunks.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix on low speed. Add vanilla.
- Add greek yogurt and mix well on low speed.
- Pour into crust .
- Bake on 430 F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 275 F and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit inside for 1 hour. Then cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Blueberry Sauce:
- In a large pan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and flour. When this mixture begins to thicken add blueberries and mix well, so they are evenly coated. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until sauce begins to bubble.
- Cool at room temperature and serve on top of chilled cheesecake.