The Easiest Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
The Easiest Roasted Chickpeas Recipe – chickpeas with simple seasoning, roasted to perfection. Ideal for a protein snack, you can use them to top salads, soups or grain bowls.
How is your week going?
Today I’m sharing with you, my basic recipe for roasted chickpeas. These are so easy to make! I’ve shared a salad with spicy roasted chickpeas recipe on the blog a while back. These are a little different, since they aren’t spicy. I understand that not everybody likes spicy foods, that’s why I needed to add this recipe, too.
I used these as a topping for quinoa bowls, I’ll be posting next. They are crunchy, flavorful and work great as a topping to any meal.
Feel free to add your favorite seasonings. I used basic ones like salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne.
You can use canned chickpeas, or cook dry chickpeas in this recipe.
I know it is easier to use canned, as I often do, but soaking and cooking your own is just so easy and less expensive. You can then freeze them and have them ready to use in recipes. Let me know if you’d like me to share how I cook dry chickpeas.
Looking for more chickpeas recipes? I have a few very popular ones. They are worth checking them out: Chickpeas, Kale and Quinoa Power Bowls, Mediterranean Salad With Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and Sumac Chicken Kabobs Quinoa Bowls.
- one 15 oz can chickpeas (alternatively cook your own)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse chickpeas and fully dry them with paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Make sure chickpeas are evenly coated in the seasoning.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Transfer chickpeas to the pan and spread them in a single layer.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Keep in a zip lock bag in the fridge for 3-5 days.