Sumac Roasted Potatoes And Cucumber Salad Recipe
Sumac Roasted Potatoes And Cucumber Salad – Light, flavorful and very easy to prepare. This salad is made with sumac roasted white potatoes, crunchy Persian cucumber, fresh mint and light dressing.
The dressing is made with just four simple ingredients – oil, lemon juice, sweet paprika and salt.
Perfect for any time of the year, this salad is vegetarian and gluten free. You can enjoy it on its own, or serve it with white fish or chicken.
Happy Monday! How do you feel after Daylight Savings Time weekend?
I’m surprisingly pretty good!
The official start of Spring is next week. Even though, it has been cold around here this weekend, I’m very excited about spring, warner weather, sun and light, fresh and delicious recipes.
Today’s recipe is the perfect example. This Sumac Roasted Potatoes and Cucumber Salad Recipe is perfect for Spring and Summer. I’m also using one of my favorite spices today – sumac. Check out this One Pan Sumach Chicken Thighs recipe or these Sumac Chicken Kabobs Quinoa Bowls, if you decide to try sumac.
It is a great seasoning for a spring meal, with its lemony flavor. Incredibly delicious, perfect to spice up your day.
All you need to do is get some sumac. The rest of the ingredients you may already have at home. Potatoes and cucumbers.
This Sumac Roasted Potatoes And Cucumber Salad makes a nice and light weekday lunch or weeknight dinner. You can also pack it for work. And it is filling, no wonder why, there are potatoes in it.
I’ve shared a lot of potato recipes with you since I started my blog back in 2013. It is a versatile vegetable and a family favorite. Everyone loves my Turmeric Roasted Potatoes Recipe, I just shared last month.
I cook potatoes at least twice a week and there are so many other potato recipes, I want to share with you.
If for some reason you don’t like the addition of cucumbers in this salad, I’ll totally understand.
These sumac roasted potatoes taste amazing on their own. They melt in your mouth. You really don’t need anything else. Plus, they require a minimal effort and time to make.
But I decided to add some crunch with the cucumber and also a little more flavor with the dressing and mint. The final result – the perfect light potato dish.
Hope you like it!
- 2 lbs white potatoes , washed and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 Persian cucumbers , sliced into thin rounds
- 7-8 mint leaves
- more salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet, lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Place potatoes in a bowl, add oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Toss potatoes, making sure they are evenly coated in oil and seasoning.
- Roast potatoes for 25-30 minutes, flipping once, until golden and cooked through. Roast for additional 5-10 minutes, if potatoes appear undercooked.
- Transfer to a bowl and let them cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, salt, lemon juice and paprika.
- Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a bowl.
- Add sliced cucumbers and mint.
- Pour dressing on top. Serve.