This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spinach And Havarti Pizza Recipe – crispy pizza crust, brushed with garlic olive oil, topped with spinach and creamy Havarti cheese and baked on a pizza stone.
Paired with Cavit Pinot Grigio, this Havarti pizza is perfect for spring and summer.
This post is sponsored by Cavit Wines. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cooking LSL possible! #LoveItShareIt #NationalPinotGrigioDay
It is finally starting to warm up here. Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner. Really???
This means only one thing – grilling. But did you know that you can use a pizza stone and bake your pizza on the grill?
I like this method and I prefer it in the summer. It works great.
Of course you can bake a pizza on a pizza stone in the oven, just use whatever method works best for you.
I’m a huge fan of homemade pizza. Store-bought dough is ok, but whenever I have the time, I like to make it myself.
I use a cold rising pizza dough recipe, which works great, if you plan in advance and make the dough the night (or the day) before you need it.
How to make it?
For this Spinach And Havarti Pizza Recipe – I kept things simple and vegetarian.
I brushed the crust with garlic olive oil, I also used minimal amount of tomato sauce to spread over the pizza crust, then topped with chopped spinach and Havarti cheese. After I baked the pizza, I added some fresh grated parmesan cheese.
And the best part – my husband and I enjoyed this spinach and Havarti pizza with some Cavit Pinot Grigio. A chilled glass of Pinot Grigio pairs perfect with this Havarti pizza. Simple, light and delicious meal for a relaxing summer evening.
Margherita pizza is what I usually pair with Pinot Grigio wine, but this time I decided to make something different, and it was a successful wood and wine pairing.
Pinot Grigio is one of my favorite kinds of white wine. And Cavit wines are great quality. Did you know that May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day?
Cavit first introduced Pinot Grigio into the United States back in 1977 and as a national push to increase the awareness of the variety, is introducing National Pinot Grigio Day every Friday before Memorial Day.
Let’s celebrate National Pinot Grigio Day! Let’s celebrate Memorial Day with Cavit Pinot Grigio and this delicious Spinach And Havarti Pizza.
Spinach And Havarti Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil, plain olive oil is fine
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach, chopped and packed
- 1 cup Havarti cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp basil, dried
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp flour or cornmeal for dusting
- Prepare your pizza dough, using your favorite recipe. I used my Neapolitan pizza dough recipe, that needs to be made in advance.
- Preheat a gas grill to 450 F, (alternatively preheat oven to 450 F), placing the pizza stone on the grill or in the oven, before turning the heat on.
- Dust a pizza peel with flour (or corn meal). (You can use parchment paper and top it with the flour, then spread the dough over it, but the parchment may burn).Divide dough in half. Spread one part of the pizza dough over the flour. Lightly brush with garlic olive oil. Spread half of the tomatoes, leaving 1/2 inch around the edges. Top with half of the spinach and Havarti cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the dough is cooked thoroughly and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle some dried basil on top and add half of the grated Parmesan.
- Repeat process for the second pizza.
- Serve with a glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.