20 Minute Pasta Carbonara
Easy pasta carbonara with only 5 main ingredients and it takes 20 minutes to make.
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty quiet.
Since it is the beginning of the week, I have the perfect easy pasta carbonara recipe for you to incorporate into your weekly meal plan.
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, that I love to make, because it is very straight forward and always works great!
Carbonara is a pasta dish based on bacon, eggs, Parmesan and black pepper.
I almost always use spaghetti for this dish, but any pasta like fettuccine, rigatoni or linguine could be substituted.
You can also use pancetta instead of bacon, if you’d like.
What I like about this pasta is the crunchy bacon, light sauce and I also like it topped with lots of cheese.
I’ve seen recipes using cream for the sauce, but there isn’t a single drop of cream in this recipe.
The eggs and cheese make this spaghetti carbonara perfectly creamy!
Just make sure you work quickly and lowed the heat (even remove the pan from the heat), when adding the sauce to the cooked pasta, so the sauce sticks to the spaghetti and you don’t end up with scrambled eggs.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
20 Minute Pasta Carbonara
- 5 ounces spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon — , cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain.
- Meanwhile - whisk eggs and combine with Parmesan cheese. Set a side.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and add garlic, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant. Add cooked bacon and pasta. Remove from heat and working quickly, stir in pasta and egg/Parmesan mixture. Add some if the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Top with chopped parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 695, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 225mg, Sodium: 931mg, Potassium: 352mg, Carbohydrates: 56g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 34g, Vitamin A: 11.2%, Vitamin C: 1.1%, Calcium: 46.1%, Iron: 12.3%
More Pasta Dishes: