Slice And Bake Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies
These slice and bake chocolate orange cranberry cookies combine my favorite winter flavors along with shortbread dough.
They might not be the prettiest holiday cookies out there, but they taste amazing! These slice and bake cookies could be made in no time and you can not go wrong with them. This is just another alternative if you are looking for cookies that combine some great winter flavors orange and cranberry. Really nice for Christmas, but I can eat them any time.
I wanted to post this recipe before the holidays, for those of you, who will not have time to bake, frost and decorate holiday cookies, but still want to make some. These are just perfect! You mix up the dough, roll it into a log, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. When ready to bake the cookies, just take the dough out of the fridge, slice and bake them. It is that easy! Even your kids could make these (depends on how old they are ).
The cookies are simple, but don’t judge them by the way they look. The dough could also be made in advance and frozen for up to 1 month. This way you can ensure that you’ve started making the cookies and just bake them whenever you need them for a party of just for your family.
No cookie cutters are used to prepare these cookies, but you can totally roll the dough out and cut cookies with various shapes (if you have the time).
I like making my slice and bake cookies with chocolate, orange zest and dried cranberries. Feel free to adjust to your taste. Dried apricots or raisins will be a nice substitute to the recipe. If you’d like, you can swap 1/2 cup of flour in this recipe with ground nuts like -pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios.
I hope you like them!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar).
Slice And Bake Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies, buttery and packed with chocolate and cranberries. Great for the holidays.
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 8oz /230 gr) softened butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- zest from 2 large oranges
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini would be great)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment beat butter for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolks one by one and beat until incorporated.
- Add orange zest, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and cornstarch.
- Add flout mixture to the bowl of the stand mixer and beat on low until flour is absorbed.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured working surface, form a ball and divide in half. If you could at this time roll each part into a 1 inch thick log. (If dough appears too sticky and you can't work with it, refrigerate for 30 minutes and then roll into logs.) Wrap each log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Baking the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take cookie dough out of the fridge. Using a sharp knife, slice logs into cookies about 1/3 inch thick.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets, leaving at least 1 inch between them.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, until edges are set and start to turn golden. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.