Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins With Pecans
These Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins are soft, fluffy and smell amazing! The Nutella Banana Pecan combo in these makes them extremely delicious for breakfast or snack.
If I’m trying to think of my favorite food combinations and flavors, the Nutella-Banana is one of them and these Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins represent it well. My husband had asked me to make him some Nutella-Banana crepes the other day, but I really wanted to bake something. I’ve seen all sorts of Nutella Banana muffin recipes on other blogs and thought it was time to put together my own.
The reason why I like homemade muffins is not only the wonderful smell in my kitchen, while baking, but also the fact that I can control the size and calories in these. Most bakery style muffins are chunky, delicious and beautiful looking, but they are way bigger than what I’d like to eat. And again, I really wanted to reduce the calories and add some extra fiber in my muffins so I used a combination of white and whole wheat flour, but white only can be used.
Of course muffins take less time to bake than banana bread, which makes them a great breakfast idea if you have some extra time in the morning. The Nutella Banana combo is amazing, but I also added chopped pecans to the batter, which after baking added some indulgent flavor. And as much as I wanter to make these with coconut oil, I used plain butter… You know you can’t co wrong with this butter pecan taste.
For the Nutella swirl, I used about 1 tsp Nutella per muffin, but feel free to increase the amount. To create the swirl, I used a toothpick.
You can make these on the weekend and if you have some left overs, you can keep in air tight container in the fridge for 5 days. Or if for some reason you like them so much and make more than a couple of batches, you can definitely freeze them (just wrap well in plastic wrap) and either thaw at room temperature, or warm up in the microwave.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins - a delicious combination of Nutella and bananas, meked into fluffy muffins.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (can just use 2 cups all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 tsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F (190 C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with oil and sprinkle flour.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light for 3 minutes. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture, but do not over mix. Fold in nuts.
- Divide batter between 12 muffin cups. Spoon 1 tsp Nutella on top of each cup. Using a toothpick swirl together Nutella and batter.
- Bake until muffins turn golden for around 22-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool inside the pan for 5 minutes, than transfer to a cooling rack until they cool to a room temperature.