Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
|Chocolate Zucchini Muffins|
I love zucchini bread! At first I was reluctant to try it, but ever since I did it turned into my favorite sweet bread recipe. Today I wanted to try something different, I decided to adapt my zucchini bread recipe to make muffins. I also decided to load my muffins with chocolate chips and they turned out delicious!
This recipe makes a dozen muffins.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In bowl sift flour and add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs and sugars. Add oil and vanilla. Add the zucchini and mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake on 350 F for 25 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let them cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to continue cooling.