This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This sweet blueberry bread/coffee cake smells amazing! It is perfect for morning breakfast or an afternoon coffee. It is soft, very moist and I also added crunchy, sweet crumb topping. It is also infused with some lemon zest. A great way to take a pause from blueberry muffins.
I love blueberry muffins, but I also wanted to try some new recipes, that’s how I came up with this one.
I used one of my recipes for blueberry muffins, but added an extra egg, lemon zest and more baling powder, since I wanted this cake to rise more.
I also decided to try brown sugar crumb topping, which I made for the first time. It gave the cake another pop of flavor.
If you like blueberries, this cake is just another excellent way to enjoy them.
I used an angel food cake pan, but it can also be made in a regular round, bundt of springform cake pan.
I also used frozen blueberries, because that’s what I had.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously spray a bundt cake pan (springform pan) with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare crumb topping by mixing all ingredients with a rubber spatula and set a side.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set a side.
- Beat eggs and sugar, than add vanilla, milk and oil. Mix in lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture, mix until combined.
- Add blueberries and gently fold them with a rubber spatula.
- Evenly spread batter into the pan. Sprinkle crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. If necessary run knife around the edges and remove from form.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar, cut and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.