Date Cherry Protein Energy Balls – light, naturally sweetened mini snacks, great to provide you with a boost of energy when you need it.
Some of my closest blogger friends and I are hosting a huge $700 Pay Your Holiday Bills Worldwide Giveaway. It ends at 23:59 pm EST on January 19th. Click on the link or graphic above the recipe to enter. I would be very happy if one of my readers is the winner! Good luck!!!
Happy Wednesday friends!
How is your week going? It is freezing here and we are trying to stay warm!
By the way have you put your Christmas decoration away yet? Than’s what I’m going to do today. Too bad Christmas is over, can’t wait till the next one!
I’ll just keep things short and simple.
I have a date cherry protein energy balls recipe for you. Made these a couple of months ago (sorry for the dorky pics!), but did not get a chance to post them.
These are extremely easy to make and you can even make them without a blender (if you don’t mind chunkier texture). If you decide to skip the use of a blender, make sure you chop and mash dates and cherries well after soaking.
Used Medjool dates to naturally sweeten them and also added some chocolate protein powder, to help you manage weight.
These will boost your energy and make you feel awesome during the day. Great post workout snack. No refined sugar and I also added some protein powder for a chocolatey flavor and extra protein.
I used Trader Joe’s dried sweet cherries, which are unsweetened, that’s why I added extra sweetness with agave syrup. Cherries are my favorite fruit, but when they are not in season, I always have some dried ones at home to snack on.
I used walnuts in these energy bites, but almonds work great and will make these skinnier (walnuts contain more calories and fat).
Last but not least, you can leave the date cherry protein energy bites as they are or toss them in shredded coconut like I did. I was planning to toast the coconut, but it got a little burnt, so I just used raw.
I don’t want this post to get too long, so please let me know in the comments if you have any questions!
Have a great day!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar). Some of my closest blogger friends and I are hosting a huge $700 Pay Your Holiday Bills Worldwide Giveaway. It ends at 23:59 pm EST on January 19th. Click on the link or graphic to enter. I would be very happy if one of my readers is the winner! Good luck!!!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- ½ cup dried cherries (soaked in got water for 10 minutes)
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak Medjool dates and cherries in hot water for 10 minutes. This way they will soften and energy balls will be moist.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (powerful blender ) pulse nuts until roughly chopped. Be careful not to turn them into a liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- Process soaked dates and cherries for 1 minute.
- Combine date cherry mixture with chopped walnuts. Add protein powder, agave nectar, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Mix well and form a ball from the dough.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, scoop out balls from the dough, then roll them by hand, toss in shredded coconut and place on parchment paper.
- Chill for 10 minutes. Store in an air - tight container in the fridge.
More Energy Bites Recipes