As some of you probably already know, I love mojitos! They are my favorite summer cocktail.
I’ve experimented with a few different flavors so far, and on my list today I have blueberry mojito.
You can check my previous recipes for original lime, strawberry or blueberry mojito, if you’d like to.The truth is, I’ve tried all sorts of flavored mojitos in restaurants, but I’ve never had a blueberry mojito.
It is really simple to make and full of wonderful flavor. Not to mention, purple is my favorite color!
Perfect for a 4th of July party! Happy Independence Day every
I’ve shared with you in previous posts, that my favorite way making this cocktail is using simple syrup, and I’m sticking to this method in this recipe.
In my next flavored mojito recipe, I’ll probably be trying to make
mint infused simple syrup, and I’ll see how we like it.
Here is this easy recipe:
Blueberry Mojito - a delicious spin on the classic mojito.
- 15 blueberries + more for garishing
- 10 mint leaves + extra for garnishing
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz white rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- soda water to taste (I use Perrier)
- ice cubes
- Prepare simple syrup, by combining 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and bringing it to a boil. Stir to let sugar dissolve and remove from heat. Let syrup cool.
- In a tall glass place blueberries, lime juice and mint on the bottom and muddle. Add rum, simple syrup and ice. Top with soda water. Garmish with more blueberries and mint leaves.