–flank steak –broccoli –vegetable oil –cornstarch –soy sauce –brown sugar –ginger –garlic –Hoisin sauce – chicken stock
1. Cut broccoli into florets. Set aside. Blanch if you'd like to take this extra step.
2. To blanch the broccoli - fill a pot with water. Add 1 tsb salt. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl filled with ice cold water. Drain after 5 minutes.
3. In the mean time: Slice the flank steak thinly across the grain.Mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water.Toss steak in cornstarch and water mixture.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet (wok could be used). See recipe notes if you are using a Fusion cooker like the one I have.
5. Add steak and cook for 5-6 minutes (or more), until the beef is cooked through.In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch, sweetener, oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, Hoisin sauce and chicken stock.
6. Remove from the pan. Add the sauce. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef. Stir to coat with the sauce, cook for 1 minute.
7. Serve over rice or low-carb alternative.
The Best Beef And Broccoli Recipe (Multi Cooker Option) – easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, loaded with authentic flavors. Great for a quick lunch or dinner.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes