– 2 tbsp olive oil – 1/2 cup chopped onion – 3 coves garlic – 1 tsp salt – 1/2 tsp black pepper – 1 tsp cumin – 1/2 cup diced carrot – 1 1/2 cups red lentils – 1/3 cup tomato sauce – 1 cup water – 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock – dill or parsley for garnishing
1. Heat olive oil in a pot.
2. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next add garlic and carrot, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. When the carrot has softened add the spices and tomato sauce.
4. Pick through lentils and quickly rinse under cold water, then add to the pot.
5. Add water and chicken or vegetable stock.
6. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the lentils are fully cooked and the soup has thickened. Add more salt and cumin if needed.
7. Serve warm.
Red Lentil Soup Recipe - quick and easy to make, loaded with Mediterranean flavors.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes